Kardium is developing a medical device that will revolutionize the treatment of atrial fibrillation.
We have built an exceptional team with expertise in medicine, business, engineering, and manufacturing. We hire only the best individuals whom are highly motivated and strong team players and we trust them to make the right decisions to achieve our goals. We also believe in having fun while working hard.
Kardium is located in greater Vancouver, Canada, a vibrant and diverse urban centre surrounded by abundant natural attractions and ranked globally as one of the best cities to live.
We are consistently named one of the top companies in British Columbia to work for and in 2015, we were awarded “Medical Technology Company of the Year” by LifeSciences BC.
We offer a flexible work environment, a comprehensive salary and benefits program, and the ability to participate in equity through a stock option plan.
If you would like to receive an email when new job opportunities are posted, send an email to email@example.com with “Subscribe to new job postings” in the subject line.
Term: Permanent, full-time
Start: As soon as possible
Compensation: Hourly salary, plus comprehensive benefits package
We are currently seeking a detail-oriented individual with a background in material handling and inventory control to support Kardium’s manufacturing team in both cleanroom and clean manufacturing environments. The Material Handler is primarily accountable for receiving incoming goods, kitting and/or staging materials, monitoring and replenishing POU inventory, ensuring inventory transactions are accurately completed, and assisting with inventory cycle counts and inventory variance reconciliation. Support for production is the primary direct accountability. Timely response, organization and attention to detail are keys to success.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive and unpack incoming material shipments and conduct Receiving Inspection
- Apply material ID labels to received materials and in-house manufactured sub-assemblies
- Transact materials and sub-assemblies between inventory locations ensuring transactions are accurately recorded in the MES/MRP system
- Kit and stage materials for production Work Orders
- Ensure materials are properly cleaned and packaged for cleanroom entry
- Monitor and replenish POU and Kanban inventory as necessary
- Participate in inventory cycle count activities and investigate any discrepancies
- Provide materials handling support for non-production activities
- Contribute to overall improvement of materials management systems and processes with the goal of reducing errors and improving efficiency and inventory inaccuracy
- Attend manufacturing market meetings as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in a material handling or inventory control role
- Experience working in a cleanroom environment is desirable
- Basic understanding of ERP/MRP systems
- Knowledge of and experience working with inventory management systems (Kanban, etc.)
- Understanding of safety stock, inventory turns, and other key inventory concepts
- Attention to detail and ability to analyze complex inventory transaction records
- Highly motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and respond to a variety of competing pressures and deadlines
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly explain concepts and issues
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Willing to learn and take on new responsibilities
- Occasional physical activity including lifting/carrying boxes up to 40lbs (18kg)
- This is not a forklift or warehouse environment
- Reports to the Supply Chain Manager
- Interacts with manufacturing, QC, QA, engineering, and supply chain.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org using “063 Material Handler” as the subject line.
Kardium has an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Specialist. The Clinical Specialist will be responsible for attending clinical procedures to provide technical and logistical support during a clinical study in Germany and Switzerland for our Globe® mapping and ablation system.
After our successful first-in-human trial, we are now working towards the European launch of our new, innovative Globe mapping and ablation system, which will be used to treat atrial fibrillation. We are currently conducting a clinical trial in Switzerland that will provide clinical evidence to support our application for a CE Mark for the Globe system.
- Assist clinical staff using the Globe system during cardiac ablation procedures
- Provide technical support to hospital staff on the Globe system
- Handle clinical reports, including adverse event reporting
- Work with the Quality Assurance team to co-ordinate monitoring and auditing of sites
- Provide feedback regarding device clinical use back to Kardium
- Coordinate receiving and storage of Globe products at the hospital
Education and Experience
- University degree, or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of experience supporting medical devices in a clinical environment
- Experience with interventional cardiac catheters an asset
Requirements and Skills
- Ability to work in Germany and Switzerland
- Ability to travel for extended periods
- Fluency in German an asset
- Ability to operate independently with minimal direction
- Flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as appropriate
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com using “069 Clinical Specialist” as the subject line.
Kardium is looking for talented and driven production technicians to join our manufacturing team in a permanent capacity. The technician will work in a multi-disciplinary environment with other members of the manufacturing team in the preparation, assembly, and testing of medical devices.
Kardium offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits program, and the ability to participate in equity through a stock option plan. Essential abilities of the successful candidate include strong technical aptitude and hands-on skills, as well as the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Preparation of electrical and mechanical parts required for assembly of medical devices using an array of hand and power tools as well as custom jigs and fixtures
- Assembly of miniature precision components using a variety of methods including adhesives, fasteners, and laser-welding
- Conducting tests to assess quality and reliability of device components and documenting the results
- Detailed adherence to standard operating procedures for assembly and testing of device components
- Working with engineering team to pilot novel manufacturing process technologies
- Occasional operation of manual machine shop tools
- The ability to work both morning and afternoon shifts
- Excellent hand-eye coordination especially when working with a microscope
- Experience with assembly of miniature mechanical components
- Experience with basic electro-mechanical parts assembly, such as soldering and crimping
- Experience with machine-tool operation
- Highly dedicated, self-motivated and self-managed
- Able to work with minimal supervision in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Excellent problem solving abilities and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication and technical documentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills, including maturity, teamwork, respect, courtesy, tact, and discretion
- A strong drive to succeed with a track record of being highly productive
- Ability to deal with changing priorities and requirements
- Strong leadership skills with experience in delivering training
- Familiarity with assembly and testing requirements of medical devices and associated documentation
- Prior exposure to Good Manufacturing Practices and working in a clean room
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org using “071 Production Technician” as the subject line.
QA Software Engineer
Kardium has a unique opportunity for a QA Software Engineer who is interested in pursuing a career in the medical device industry. This position involves designing, coding, testing, and maintaining various software tools used across the company to support our research and manufacturing data management, enterprise resource planning, and quality management systems.
This is a four-month contract position with the possibility of extension.
The successful candidate will:
- Have advanced object-oriented programming skills, typically with Java, C# or C++.
- Have a keen desire to help produce high quality code.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Be highly proactive and able to execute tasks with minimal instruction and guidance.
- Be enthusiastic about finding innovative solutions to unforeseen challenges.
- Have a history of success working in a team setting.
- Design and implement software to integrate data from ERP and Finance systems.
- Extend functionality of existing QMS, PDM, & PLM systems using their APIs and databases.
- Support automation of data collection from manufacturing and QC processes.
- Provide software and hardware support for QA and manufacturing operations.
Education and Experience
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Python or Perl.
- Experience with source repositories, such as Perforce, CVS, ClearCase, or Subversion.
- Experience with relational databases such as SQL Server or Oracle.
- Experience with supporting and configuring network infrastructure, computer hardware, and software.
- Experience with writing automated tests such as unit tests or automated regression tests.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in software engineering or equivalent.
- At least 2 years’ experience in software development, ideally in a regulated environment.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com using “072 QA Software Engineer” as the subject line.
Supplier Quality Engineer
The Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) is a key member of the Supply Chain Team and brings a record of success developing supplier quality systems and improving supplier technical quality. The SQE works in close cooperation with QA/QC, manufacturing, and engineering to achieve a high level of supplier quality performance and ensure supplier technical risks are identified and mitigated. The position offers an opportunity to take the lead in driving significant improvement to supplier quality and supply chain metrics and to help create and execute on Kardium’s overall supply chain strategy.
- Lead the investigation and root cause analysis of all supplier non-conformances and ensure a satisfactory resolution is achieved
- Drive immediate containment actions and work with suppliers to ensure corrective and preventative measures are implemented and quality issues are contained and resolved
- In cooperation with internal cross-functional stakeholders, drive development of supplier quality and control plans
- Provide ongoing monitoring to ensure quality and control plans are fully implemented and effective, and report on progress to supply chain and QA management
- Take ownership of supplier deviation permits and ensure all cross-functional stakeholders are aware of and approve the deviation
- Participate in periodic reviews of supplier performance metrics and provide recommendations for appropriate follow-up actions to mitigate quality issues
Supplier Evaluation and Purchased Part Approval:
- Manage and lead PPAP processes with suppliers for all new part introductions and part engineering changes
- Manage all supplier validation and capability study activities
- Lead or participate in onsite audits to evaluate supplier QMS and manufacturing process capability
- Assist with development of supplier risk assessment model and be actively involved with follow-on risk mitigation activities
- Actively participate in or identify design-for-manufacture (DFM) opportunities by bringing an in-depth knowledge of manufacturing processes to the table
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, or a related field
- Minimum 4-5 years in supplier quality or manufacturing process engineering role
- Strong background and understanding of manufacturing processes and process controls
- Excellent root cause analysis and problem solving skills
- In-depth understanding of quality tools and methodologies such as 8D and Fishbone diagrams
- Understanding of Six Sigma, statistical data analysis, and reliability
- Superior ability to understand and communicate technical specifications and requirements
- Proven track record implementing quality controls and driving continuous improvement in quality metrics
- Well developed understanding of supplier relationship management
- ERP/MRP experience preferred
- Experience working in highly regulated environments such as ISO 13485 and/or AS9100 desired
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, schedule driven environment and have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple, competing deliverables
- Able to effectively communicate on all levels with suppliers, internal and external engineering resources, and other company disciplines
- Excellent written and verbal communication and technical documentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to interface effectively across multiple functions and at various levels of the organization
- Flexible and adaptable to take on additional responsibilities as appropriate
- Ability to travel worldwide as required
- Strong desire to contribute positively in a demanding, energetic, and fun working environment
- Interacts with engineering, supply chain, quality, risk management, and manufacturing
- Reports to Supply Chain Manager
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org using “073 Supplier Quality Engineer” as the subject line.
Kardium is looking for an experienced electronics engineer to join our medical device development team. The successful candidate will have previous experience taking electronic systems all the way from concept to production, and will be responsible for developing key components of a tissue ablation system used to treat atrial fibrillation.
We are looking for an individual who is eager and interested in taking on a diverse set of challenges including: designing digital logic circuits for FPGAs, designing complex PCBs, implementing control electronics, and qualifying electronic systems for review by the relevant regulatory agencies. The successful candidate will be an expert in one or more areas of electronics engineering and will have a sufficient understanding of other areas to successfully integrate their work into a complex multidisciplinary system.
- VHDL coding of synthesizable control electronics and test benches.
- Analog and digital circuit design, including: specification, documentation, schematic capture, and PCB layout.
- Testing prototypes of custom electronics.
- Interfacing with third party certification labs for safety and EMC testing.
- Supporting design transfer to manufacturing and service.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in electrical or electronics engineering.
- Electronics engineering skills and knowledge normally acquired through at least five years of experience.
- Experience with a hardware description language, both for synthesizable hardware and non-synthesizable test bench design.
- A track record of taking products from concept to production, including design, testing, and manufacturing.
- Proficiency with electronics CAD tools.
- Proficiency with test and measurement equipment.
- Board level analog and digital circuit design experience.
- Experience designing high reliability systems.
- A strong drive to succeed with a track record of being highly productive.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and technical documentation skills.
- Able to deal with changing priorities and requirements.
- Able to execute tasks with minimal instruction and guidance.
- Able to rapidly understand new concepts and acquire new skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including: maturity, teamwork, respect, courtesy, tact, and discretion.
The successful candidate will preferably have:
- Experience developing electronics for a medical device.
- Experience with safety and EMC standards, particularly IEC 60601.
- Experience with Altium Designer.
- Experience with VHDL and Xilinx FPGA workflows and tools.
- Experience with MATLAB.
Why Work at Kardium?
- Work on medical devices that will improve people’s lives.
- Work with smart, friendly, and helpful people.
- Competitive compensation, including equity participation.
To apply for this position, please send a résumé and cover letter to email@example.com using “074 Electronics Engineer” as the subject line. Indicate in your cover letter why you are interested in Kardium and why you are interested in this specific position.