173 Mechanical Designer
By joining the Kardium team, you can help make a difference in the lives of millions around the world. Kardium is developing a groundbreaking medical device for the minimally invasive diagnosis and treatment of atrial fibrillation, a heart condition that can cause strokes, heart failure, and other conditions affecting the quality of life.
We are excited to add a Mechanical Designer to our team.
In this role, you will work in a multi-disciplinary environment with other members of the engineering and research teams in the conceptual development, detailed design, verification and validation testing of percutaneously delivered medical devices. Your hands-on mechanical design abilities, combined with your well-developed analytical skills, will allow you to succeed as Kardium’s Mechanical Designer.
What you’ll do
- Working collaboratively with the team you will establish design specifications required to meet overall product requirements
- Using your hands-on skills, you will build proof of concept models to quickly and efficiently verify design ideas
- Applying your strong mechanical aptitude to transform conceptual designs into working prototypes
- Producing prototypes forin-vitroandin-vivotesting using in-house manufacturing capabilities
- Designing and building jigs and fixtures required for production
- Ensuring a smooth transition of design to manufacturing by supporting risk management, verification testing, and training of manufacturing staff
- Contributing to required documentation for outsourcing components as well as regulatory submissions
- Travelling occasionally within and outside North America
What you bring to the team
Our Kardium team is smart, creative, and passionate about creating cutting-edge medical devices to help improve people’s lives. We work within a collaborative environment based on trust and respect. And we understand that only by working together can we solve the unsolvable. You bring to the team these characteristics, plus:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in mechanical engineering, or an equivalent mix of education and experience, coupled with previous practical engineering experience in a product development environment
- Ideally, you have prior engineering experience in bringing a product to market with high volumes along with the design and testing requirements of medical devices
- Previous on the job experience with precision mechanics and a high level of familiarity with machine shop tools, and parametric modelling software (Solidworks)
- Exposure to different manufacturing techniques
- Proven problem-solving abilities and attention to detail while working in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication and technical documentation skills
- The ability to effectively manage changing priorities and requirements
Why work at Kardium?
We know you are looking for a meaningful career. We can offer you that, and more:
- Every day you know you are making a difference by helping treat a condition that debilitates millions of people worldwide
- A great working environment with opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge while working with cutting-edge technology
- An engaged leadership team who believes in mentoring and growing employees’ careers
- Supportive colleagues and plenty of fun social events to encourage employee interactions
- And our employees think we are great too – check out Glassdoor to learn more
How to apply
If this position appeals to you, apply today by sending your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the job title “173 Mechanical Designer“ in the subject line.
Please note, only candidates who are currently legally authorized to work in Canada will be considered for this position.
Thanks in advance for your interest in working at Kardium!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com