248 Software Simulations Engineer
By joining the Kardium team, you can help make a difference in the lives of millions around the world. We are developing a ground-breaking medical device for minimally invasive diagnosis and treatment of atrial fibrillation, a heart condition that can cause strokes, heart failure, and other heart-related complications.
As a part of our team, your challenge is to develop innovative, user-friendly software features for our revolutionary Globe® Mapping and Ablation System. You will work collaboratively within the software team to develop high quality Java and C/C++ code for our new product features and you will have the opportunity to directly influence our product development through our software engineering practices.
What you’ll be doing…
You will help develop electronic and physiological models for real time system simulation for use with Kardium’s Globe® Mapping and Ablation System software. The simulation is used for a multitude of purposes, including software development, testing, UX design and review, demonstrations, and training. In addition to coding of the simulator models, you provide operational support for advanced usage and UI development and training to facilitate use of the simulator by others. You may also participate in:
- Requirements and design specification
- Investigations of reported anomalies
- Code inspections
- Design, specification, and risk reviews
- TDD/unit testing
- Test platform and integration test development
- Professional skills development, site visits, and/or usability testing
What you bring to the team…
Our Kardium team is smart, creative, and passionate about creating a cutting-edge medical device to help improve people’s lives. We work within a collaborative environment based on trust and respect. And we understand that only by working together can we solve the unsolvable. You bring to the team these characteristics, plus:
- A love of coding, where through your 2 to 5 years of experience you have gained advanced programming skills in any object-oriented language such as C++, Java or C#
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering
- Proven ability to be a valued contributor in a disciplined, software development process
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Well-developed written and verbal technical communication skills
- The willingness and ability to take on additional responsibilities as appropriate
And experience with one or more of:
- Basic engineering such as electronics, signal processing, thermodynamics, control theory, UI/UX design, and/or GUI development
- Software development in the medical device or other regulated industry
- 3D graphics applications using OGL
- Embedded, real-time applications
- Algorithmic and system optimization to drive ever better responsiveness for our computationally intensive 3D visualizations
What do you get out of this?
A meaningful career working with a truly innovative technology and an ambitious team, combined with:
- Knowing every day that you are making a difference in people’s lives by helping treat a condition that debilitates millions worldwide
- A great working environment with opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge
- Opportunity to extend your knowledge beyond software development by interacting with other team members in a multi-disciplinary environment that includes electronics and mechanical engineers, biologists, and specialists in human factors, and clinical and regulatory affairs
- An engaged leadership team who believes in mentoring and growing employees’ careers
- Supportive and fun colleagues with plenty of social events to encourage people connections
- And our employees think we are great too – check out Glassdoor to learn more!
How to apply…
If this position tweaks your interest, apply today! Please send your cover letter and résumé to email@example.com using “248 Software Simulations Engineer” as the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org