258 Office Assistant
By joining the Kardium team, you can help make a difference in the lives of millions around the world. Kardium is developing a ground-breaking medical device for the minimally invasive diagnosis and treatment of atrial fibrillation, a heart condition that can cause strokes, heart failure, and other conditions affecting the quality of life.
We are excited to add an Office Assistant to our team, reporting to the Office Manager.
Team fit is very important at Kardium. You should be passionate, driven, and eager to listen, learn, and share your ideas. You are the type of person who holds yourself and others to a high standard of work, and enjoys helping a team operate at peak efficiency.
What you’ll do…
You will primarily support our Office Manager with bookkeeping (60%), human resources (30%), and other ad hoc administrative duties (10%). Specifically, you will assist with the following:
- Data entry of vendor invoices and credit notes into QuickBooks
- Working with purchasing department for reconciliation to purchase orders
- Weekly cheque runs for Canadian vendors and online bill payments for multiple foreign currencies
- Reconciliations to vendor account statements; follow-up with vendors regarding any missing documents and request credit refunds where applicable
- Data entry of monthly credit card statements
- Issuing employee reimbursements
- Completing vendor credit applications for net-30 day terms
- Drafting accounts receivable sales orders and invoices
- Preparing documentation for external accountants and CRA audits
- Posting job positions on the Kardium website, university co-op job boards, and external job posting sites
- Assisting hiring managers with recruiting activities, such as setting-up interviews and initial telephone screening of candidates
- On-boarding/off-boarding of employees and co-op students
- Managing co-op subsidy funding application process, including follow-up with co-op students and external funding administrator
- Distributing mail and booking couriers
- Ordering and stocking office and kitchen supplies
- Managing external office vendors (beverage supplier, janitorial staff, waste management) property manager (facilities, HVAC), tenant improvements contractor, etc.
- Running errands, bank deposits, petty cash replenishment, etc.
- Greeting and assisting occasional walk-in visitors
- Organizing catering for board meetings and other relevant company meetings
As Kardium grows and depending on your interests, you may take on more human resources duties, sales/marketing support, payroll, occupational health and safety, social committee, or other administrative support tasks.
What you bring to the team…
Our Kardium team is smart, creative, and passionate about developing innovative medical devices to help improve people’s lives. We work in a collaborative environment based on trust and respect. We understand that only by working together can we solve what was once thought unsolvable.
You are suited to our approach and possess these attributes:
- Graduate of a recognized accounting or administrative assistant program or relevant post-secondary education
- At least 2-3 years of work experience within a professional office setting
- Qualifications or coursework in human resources is advantageous
- Strong computer skills in MS Office (especially Excel), Adobe Acrobat, and WordPress
- Experience with QuickBooks preferred
- Flawless data-entry skills and strong attention to detail
- Able to work collaboratively with multiple departments and various stakeholders at all organizational levels, both internally and externally
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to edit various texts for correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Mature time management skills, self-motivated, and able to work independently
Why work at Kardium?
We know you’re looking for a meaningful career. We can offer you that and more:
- The opportunity to advance medical technology and improve the lives of patients
- A great working environment with opportunities to develop skills and knowledge
- An engaged leadership team who believes in mentoring and career growth
- Supportive colleagues and fun social events to foster teamwork
And our employees think we are great too – check out Glassdoor to learn more!
How to apply…
Apply today by sending your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org using “258 Office Assistant” as the subject line.
Please note only candidates currently legally authorized to work in Canada will be considered for this position.
Thanks in advance for your interest in working at Kardium!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com