286 Systems Engineer
By joining the Kardium team, you can help make a difference in the lives of millions around the world. We are developing a ground-breaking medical device for minimally invasive diagnosis and treatment of atrial fibrillation, a heart condition that can cause strokes, heart failure, and other heart-related complications.
What you’ll be doing…
As our Systems Engineer, you will be an integral part of our multidisciplinary engineering team, working across the electrical, software, biomedical research, mechanical, usability, and risk management domains. Your daily activities will centre around supporting product design and process development through system analysis activities, leading investigations in software and electrical system behaviour. Your responsibilities will include:
- Analyzing behaviour of the system to assess robustness, stability, and correctness
- Creating and maintaining system analysis tools
- Investigating issues identified during verification and during clinical use of the device
- Informing system level electrical and software specifications of the product
- Becoming familiar with and staying current on relevant medical device standards and regulations
- Working closely with electrical, software, and research teams to improve analysis methods and inform future designs
What you bring to the team …
Our Kardium team is smart, creative, and passionate about creating cutting-edge medical devices to help improve people’s lives. We work within a collaborative environment based on trust and respect and we understand that only by working together can we solve the unsolvable. You bring to the team these characteristics, plus:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science
- Experience with electrical and software systems design; mechanical systems knowledge is a plus
- Experience with signal processing and large data-set analysis
- Experience with Java and MATLAB is preferred
- Practical knowledge of medical device regulatory requirements and standards such as IEC 60601, IEC 62304, and/or ISO 13485 is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication and technical documentation skills
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- High degree of drive and motivation
Why work at Kardium?
We know you are looking for a meaningful career. We can offer you that, and more:
- Knowing every day that you are making a difference in people’s lives by helping treat a condition that debilitates millions worldwide
- A great working environment with opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge
- Opportunity to extend your knowledge by interacting with team members in a multi-disciplinary environment that includes software, electrical, and mechanical engineers, biologists, and specialists in human factors, and clinical and regulatory affairs
- An engaged leadership team who believes in mentoring and growing employees’ careers
- Supportive and fun colleagues with plenty of social events to encourage people connections
- And our employees think we are great too – check out Glassdoor to learn more!
How to apply…
To apply for this position, please send a résumé and cover letter to email@example.com, with the job title “286 Systems Engineer” in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org