287 Manufacturing Engineer
Kardium has a unique opportunity for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer. As a member of the Manufacturing Engineering team, you will be expected to have a wide breadth of knowledge of all production processes and act as the first point of contact for any feedback or problems raised by the Manufacturing team.
In this role, you will also be responsible for optimizing workflow of production processes in order to maximize process throughput and yield. Having developed a keen knowledge of production processes, you will be well positioned to identify areas for process and product enhancement. You are expected to triage, design and implement process enhancement projects as well as collaborate with the design engineering team to provide DFM input and develop solutions.
This position reports to the Manufacturing Engineering Team Lead.
Duties and Responsibilities
In your role as the Manufacturing Engineer, you will be responsible for:
Manufacturing process support and improvement:
- Providing front line response for production process and equipment issues
- Working with design and quality engineering teams to determine root causes for ongoing quality issues and driving implementation of solutions
- Performing process capability studies on critical manufacturing processes to identify opportunities for process improvements
- Driving the business case for process improvements to increase throughput and yield and reduce cost while maintaining or improving product quality
- Designing and implementing process improvement solutions
- Planning manufacturing workstation layouts and maximizing efficiency through lean manufacturing methodologies.
- Developing and driving implementation of WIP and finished good product storage solutions
- Driving process layouts for current and future product designs to support ongoing manufacturing floor expansion
- Identifying and communicating workstation utility requirements to facilities team
- Developing detailed cycle time and process flow models for current manufacturing processes and developing strategies for removing line capacity bottlenecks
New product and process development:
- Providing input into product design to ensure design is optimized for manufacturability
- Working with Engineering teams to develop suitable processes for next-generation products
- Serving as process subject matter expert (SME) and assisting with identification and delivery of technician training requirements
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or industrial engineering
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in design or manufacturing engineering in a regulated manufacturing environment, preferably in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical, diagnostics, or medical devices industry
- Strong experience with value stream mapping, design for manufacture, and change control management
- Experience with, and solid understanding of, statistical process controls, lean manufacturing, six-sigma implementation is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with a high degree of accuracy and timeliness
- Experience in developing manufacturing floor plan layouts based on activity relationship analysis is desirable
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve and to lead root cause analysis of quality issues in a design or manufacturing environment
- Strong aptitude for mechanical and electrical systems
- Experience in use of parametric modelling tools, especially SolidWorks
- Effective written and verbal communication and technical documentation skills
- Strong, practical knowledge of R&D, supply chain, and quality control
- Able to operate independently with minimal direction
- Strong analytical skills and critical thinking
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills
- Flexible and able to take on additional responsibilities as appropriate
To apply for this position, please send a résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the job title “287 Manufacturing Engineer” in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com