294 Materials Handler
Kardium is a fast-paced and rapidly growing technology company that is developing a ground-breaking medical device for the diagnosis and treatment of atrial fibrillation. By joining the Kardium team, you can help make a difference in the lives of millions around the world who suffer from this heart condition that can cause strokes, heart failure, and other conditions affecting quality of life. We are a tight-knit and dedicated group of professionals, looking for a passionate and motivated colleague to join our Inventory team.
We are currently seeking a detail-oriented individual with a background in materials handling and inventory control to support Kardium’s manufacturing team in both cleanroom and clean manufacturing environments. The Materials Handler is primarily accountable for storing, moving and staging materials, monitoring and replenishing POU inventory, ensuring inventory transactions are accurately completed and assisting with inventory cycle counts and inventory variance reconciliation. Support for production is the primary direct accountability. Timely response, organization and attention to detail are keys to success.
What you’ll do…
Reporting to the Inventory and Logistics Manager, and working closely with Manufacturing, QC, QA, Supply Chain, and Engineering, you will have responsibility to:
- Verify identification, apply material ID labels and ensure correct storage of all materials
- Ensure accurate electronic transaction of materials and sub-assemblies and move items physically between inventory locations
- Ensure materials are properly cleaned and packaged for cleanroom entry
- Kit and stage materials for production Work Orders
- Close Work Orders and review and reconcile Work Order material scans
- Monitor and replenish POU and Kanban inventory as necessary
- Provide materials handling support for non-production activities
- Participate in inventory cycle count activities and investigate and resolve count discrepancies
- Ensure inventory tasks related to engineering changes are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Contribute to overall improvement of materials management systems and processes with the goal of reducing errors and improving efficiency and inventory inaccuracy
- Assist when necessary with receipt and Receiving Inspection of incoming material shipments
- Other duties as assigned
What you bring to the team…
Our Kardium team is smart, creative, and passionate about developing innovative medical devices to help improve people’s lives. We work in a collaborative environment based on trust and respect. We understand that only by working together can we solve what was once thought unsolvable.
We are seeking an individual who possesses the following skills and attributes:
- Minimum two years’ experience in a materials handling or inventory control role
- Highly motivated and organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Attention to detail with capability to analyze complex inventory transaction records
- Knowledge of and experience working with inventory management systems (Kanban, etc.)
- Basic understanding of ERP/MRP systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Proficient English communication (written and oral) skills
- Experience working in a cleanroom environment is desirable
- Able to work a flexible schedule when required
- Occasional physical activity including lifting/carrying boxes up to 40lbs (18kg)
This is not a forklift or warehouse environment.
Why work at Kardium?
We know you are looking for a meaningful career. We can offer you that and more:
- The opportunity to advance medical technology and improve the lives of patients
- A great working environment with opportunities to develop skills and knowledge
- An engaged leadership team who believes in mentoring and career growth
- Supportive colleagues and fun social events to foster teamwork
- And our employees think we are great too – check out Glassdoor to learn more!
How to apply…
Apply today by sending your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org using “294 Materials Handler” as the subject line.
Please note only candidates currently legally authorized to work in Canada will be considered for this position.
Thanks in advance for your interest in working at Kardium!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com