308 Senior Technical Writer
By joining the Kardium team, you can help make a difference in the lives of millions around the world. Kardium is developing a groundbreaking medical device for the minimally invasive diagnosis and treatment of atrial fibrillation, a heart condition that can cause strokes, heart failure, and other conditions affecting the quality of life.
As the Senior Technical Writer, you will work with cross-functional teams to effectively communicate the safe usage of the Globe, our trademark device. Critical to this role is the ability to communicate complex material clearly for healthcare professionals while ensuring compliance with regulatory standards, standard operating procedures, and industry best practices.
What you’ll do…
- Plan, write, illustrate, edit, and maintain product documentation, including instructions for use, product labels, training manuals, operator’s manuals, release notes, manufacturing instructions, and service manuals.
- Create clear and easy-to-follow labeling while maintaining all regulatory requirements.
- Manage the review and approval process of the product documentation.
- Manage the translation of instructions for use, software, and labels.
- Oversee all contract illustrators and writers.
- Maintain and improve the technical publications infrastructure, including style guides, product templates, work instructions and guidelines, authoring tools, and documentation processes.
- Assist with the internal documentation for manufacturing and testing.
What you bring to the team…
Our Kardium team is smart, creative, and passionate about creating cutting-edge medical devices to help improve people’s lives. We work within a collaborative environment based on trust and respect. And we understand that only by working together can we solve the unsolvable. You bring to the team these characteristics, plus:
- A degree in sciences or engineering with additional courses in writing, or an equivalent level of related experience
- A minimum of five years’ experience developing technical documentation in a regulated industry, preferably for medical devices where you developed exemplary writing skills
- Strong interviewing and research skills coupled with a strong attention to detail
- Previous experience with or exposure to XML, single-sourcing, content management, and requirements management
- An expertise with Madcap Flare, Microsoft Office, Git, Subversion, and BarTender
- A well-developed ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and work on several projects concurrently
- The ability to manage changes and changing priorities effectively
- The aptitude for working within a regulated environment
Why work at Kardium?
We know you are looking for a meaningful career. We can offer you that, and more:
- Every day you know you are making a difference by helping treat a condition that debilitates millions of people worldwide
- A great working environment with opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge while working with cutting-edge technology
- An engaged leadership team who believes in mentoring and growing employees’ careers
- Supportive colleagues and plenty of fun social events to encourage employee interactions
- And our employees think we are great too – check out Glassdoor to learn more!
How to apply…
If this position appeals to you, apply today by sending your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com, with the job title “308 Senior Technical Writer” in the subject line.
Please note, only candidates who are currently legally authorized to work in Canada will be considered for this position.
Thanks in advance for your interest in working at Kardium!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org