329 Electronics Engineer
By joining the Kardium team, you can help make a difference in the lives of millions around the world. Kardium is developing a ground-breaking medical device for diagnosis and treatment of atrial fibrillation, a heart condition that can cause strokes, heart failure, and other heart-related complications.
In this role, you will gain hands-on experience in the development and commercialization of complex and leading-edge medical devices.
What you’ll be doing…
The main focus of this role is circuit design for printed circuit boards, including:
- System level design (e.g. architecture design for multi-board systems, design for safety, design for EMC, etc.)
- Analog and digital circuit design, including: documentation, schematic capture, and PCB layout
However, depending on your previous experience and particular area(s) of expertise, you may also engage in a diverse set of activities including some or all of the following:
- VHDL coding of synthesizable control electronics and test benches
- Testing prototypes of custom electronics
- Supporting design transfer to manufacturing and service
- Investigating and determining the root cause of technical failures
What you bring to the team…
Our Kardium team is smart, creative, and passionate about developing cutting-edge medical devices to help improve people’s lives. We work in a collaborative environment based on trust and respect. We understand that only by working together can we solve what was thought unsolvable.
You are suited to our approach and possess these attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in electrical or electronics engineering
- Electronics engineering skills and knowledge normally acquired through at least ten years of experience
- Experience with electronics CAD tools, preferably Altium Designer
- Proficiency with test and measurement equipment
- Board level analog and digital circuit design experience
- A strong drive to succeed with a track record of being highly productive
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication and technical documentation skills
- Able to deal with changing priorities and requirements
- Able to execute tasks with minimal instruction and guidance
- Able to rapidly understand new concepts and acquire new skills
- Experience developing electronics for a medical device
- Experience with safety and EMC standards, particularly IEC 60601
- Experience interfacing with FPGA designs and designers
- Experience with Altium Designer
- Experience with VHDL and Xilinx FPGA workflows and tools
- Experience with MATLAB
Why work at Kardium?
Working at Kardium provides:
- Involvement in the development of a high-complexity medical device that will improve people’s lives
- A great working environment with opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge
- An engaged leadership team who believes in mentoring and career growth
- Supportive colleagues and fun social events to foster teamwork
- Competitive compensation, including equity participation
How to apply…
To apply for this position, please send a résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, using “329 Electronics Engineer” as the subject line. Indicate in your cover letter why you are interested in Kardium and why you are interested in this specific position.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.