338 Electronics Engineer – FPGA
By joining the Kardium team, you can help make a difference in the lives of millions around the world. Kardium is developing a ground-breaking medical device for diagnosis and treatment of atrial fibrillation, a heart condition that can cause strokes, heart failure, and other heart-related complications.
In this role, you will gain hands-on experience in the development and commercialization of complex and leading-edge medical devices.
What you’ll be doing…
The main focus of this role is FPGA development including:
- Development of VHDL for medical application implemented in FPGA
- Development of VHDL testbenches to unit test all modules and interfaces
- Maintenance of existing VHDL code base
- Porting existing VHDL code base to a new FPGA family
- Implementing high reliability segregation within the new FPGA family
However, depending on your previous experience and particular area(s) of expertise, you may also engage in a diverse set of activities including some or all of the following:
- System level design (e.g. architecture design for multi-board systems, design for safety, design for EMC, etc.)
- Testing prototypes of custom electronics
- Supporting design transfer to manufacturing and service
- Investigating and determining the root cause of technical failures
- Analog and digital circuit design, including: documentation, schematic capture, and PCB layout
What you bring to the team…
Our Kardium team is smart, creative, and passionate about developing cutting-edge medical devices to help improve people’s lives. We work in a collaborative environment based on trust and respect. We understand that only by working together can we solve what was thought unsolvable.
You are suited to our approach and possess these attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in electrical or electronics engineering
- Electronics engineering skills and knowledge normally acquired through at least ten years of experience
- Experience with VHDL and Xilinx FPGA workflows and tools
- Experience interfacing with FPGA designs and designers
- Proficiency with test and measurement equipment
- A strong drive to succeed with a track record of being highly productive
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication and technical documentation skills
- Able to deal with changing priorities and requirements
- Able to execute tasks with minimal instruction and guidance
- Able to rapidly understand new concepts and acquire new skills
- Experience developing electronics for a medical device
- Experience with safety and EMC standards, particularly IEC 60601
- Board level analog and digital circuit design experience
- Experience with Altium Designer
- Experience with electronics CAD tools, preferably Altium Designer
- Experience with MATLAB
Why Work at Kardium?
Working at Kardium provides:
- Involvement in the development of a high-complexity medical device that will improve people’s lives
- A great working environment with opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge
- An engaged leadership team who believes in mentoring and career growth
- Supportive colleagues and fun social events to foster teamwork
- Competitive compensation, including equity participation
How to apply…
To apply for this position, please send a résumé and cover letter to email@example.com, using using “338 Electronics Engineer – FPGA” as the subject line. as the subject line. Indicate in your cover letter why you are interested in Kardium and why you are interested in this specific position.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.