340 Mechanical Designer
By joining the Kardium team, you can help make a difference in the lives of millions around the world. Kardium is developing a groundbreaking medical device for the minimally invasive diagnosis and treatment of atrial fibrillation, a heart condition that can cause strokes, heart failure, and other conditions affecting quality of life.
We are excited to add a Mechanical Designer to our team.
In this role you will improve the current product design, improve, and develop new manufacturing processes and equipment, and design novel medical devices. Your hands-on approach to prototyping, creativity, mechanical detail design skills, and theory-based analytical skills will allow you to succeed as a Mechanical Designer at Kardium. An essential trait of the successful candidate is the ability to transform concepts to final designs.
- Collecting and clarifying design input requirements for mechanical design projects
- Brainstorming and concept evaluation activities: using your hands-on skills to build proof of concept models to evaluate design ideas quickly and efficiently
- Transforming concepts into working prototypes using in-house manufacturing capabilities for bench-top and in-vivo testing
- Designing and building machinery and jigs for Kardium’s on-site manufacturing plant
- Ensuring a smooth transition of design to manufacturing by supporting risk management, regulatory affairs, verification testing, and training of manufacturing staff
- Creation and maintenance of engineering design documentation including engineering drawings, work or maintenance instructions, and test reports
- Travelling occasionally within and outside North America
What you bring to the team…
Our Kardium team is smart, creative, and passionate about creating cutting-edge medical devices to help improve people’s lives. We work within a collaborative environment based on trust and respect. And we understand that only by working together can we solve the unsolvable. You bring to the team these characteristics, plus:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in mechanical engineering, or an equivalent mix of education and experience, coupled with previous practical engineering experience in a product development environment
- Ideally, prior engineering experience in bringing a product to market with high volumes and developing design and testing requirements of medical devices
- Previous on-the-job experience with precision mechanics and a high level of familiarity with machine shop tools, and parametric modelling software (Solidworks)
- Exposure to different manufacturing techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communication and technical documentation skills
- The ability to effectively manage changing priorities and requirements
Why work at Kardium?
We know you are looking for a meaningful career. We can offer you that, and more:
- Every day you know you are making a difference by helping treat a condition that debilitates millions of people worldwide
- A great working environment with opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge while working with cutting-edge technology and advanced in-house prototyping capabilities
- An engaged leadership team who believes in mentoring and growing employees’ careers
- Supportive colleagues and plenty of fun social events to encourage employee interactions
- And our employees think we are great too – check out Glassdoor to learn more!
How to apply…
If this position appeals to you, apply today by sending your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the job title “340 Mechanical Designer” in the subject line.
Please note, only candidates who are currently legally authorized to work in Canada will be considered for this position.
Thanks in advance for your interest in working at Kardium!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.