361 Junior Algorithms Engineer
By joining the Kardium team, you can help make a difference in the lives of millions around the world. Kardium is developing a ground breaking medical device for the percutaneous diagnosis and treatment of atrial fibrillation, a heart condition that can cause strokes, heart failure, and other heart-related complications.
As our Junior Algorithms Engineer, you will join Kardium’s Cardiac Mapping team in supporting the design, development, and evaluation of algorithms to turn raw data into actionable information for physicians. You will support the development of 3-dimensional maps used by electrophysiologists during cardiac ablation procedures, using a wealth of electrical, anatomical, and spatial information as inputs. In this role you will have the opportunity to bring your creative and innovative ideas to help Kardium achieve its goal of helping improve people’s lives.
What you’ll do
- Apply scientific investigation methods to drive product innovations in mapping and navigation algorithms
- Implement and evaluate algorithmic approaches to meet clinical needs related to navigation, electrophysiology, and ablation
- Develop and maintain internal software tools for large multivariate data sets of electrophysiological, anatomical, spatial, and procedural data
- Use data analysis and visualization to characterize existing algorithms and the data they act on to identify algorithmic improvements
- Supplement algorithmic analysis with the collection of high quality and reliable bench top testing data
- Communicate experiments, analyses and results to teammates and senior leadership
What you bring to the team
Our Kardium team is smart, creative, and passionate about creating cutting-edge medical devices to help improve people’s lives. We work within a collaborative environment based on trust and respect. And we understand that only by working together can we solve the unsolvable. You bring to the team these characteristics, plus:
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, physics, or equivalent
- Prior experience in research or development within a high-technology field
- Prior experience with object-oriented programming, especially for data analysis; emphasis on MATLAB, Python or Java; experience with source control is also an asset
- A strong motivation to produce correct, clear, and maintainable code
- Strong understanding of foundational topics in applied mathematics such as calculus, linear algebra, and statistics
- Effective written and verbal communication of technical subject matter
- Introductory experience with advanced topics in applied mathematics are greatly desired; these topics could include signal processing, machine learning, vectors and rotation matrices, statistics, or computer vision.
Why work at Kardium?
We know you are looking for a meaningful career. We can offer you that, and more:
- Every day you know you are making a difference by helping treat a condition that debilitates millions of people worldwide
- A great working environment with opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge while working with cutting-edge technology
- An engaged leadership team who believes in mentoring and growing employees’ careers
- Supportive colleagues and plenty of fun social events to encourage employee interactions
- And our employees think we are great too – check out Glassdoor to learn more!
How to apply
Apply today by sending your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the job title “361 Junior Algorithms Engineer” in the subject line. If you completed your undergraduate degree in the last 2 years, please also include an unofficial copy of your transcripts.
Thank you in advance for your interest in working at Kardium!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.