387 Systems Engineer – R&D Clinical Support
By joining the Kardium team, you can help make a difference in the lives of millions around the world. We are developing a ground-breaking medical device for the minimally invasive diagnosis and treatment of atrial fibrillation, a heart condition that can cause strokes, heart failure, and other heart-related complications.
Kardium has a fantastic technical team that has developed a product with strong, unique and customer-valued differentiators versus other solutions on the market: The Globe® Pulsed Field System.
What you’ll be doing…
As our Systems Engineer, you will be an integral part of our multidisciplinary engineering team, working across the clinical, electrical, software, biomedical research, mechanical, usability, and risk management domains. Your daily activities will centre around supporting clinical activities and becoming a system level domain expert who contributes to design and process development, and leads system analyses/investigations. You will get to attend local and remote sites as part of this role. Your responsibilities will be to:
- Plan for and support new-feature trials:
- Operate software and manage electronics during trials, troubleshooting and debugging issues in the field as they arise
- Integrate and characterize electrical and software tools in preparation for trials
- Report and be part of subsequent technical analyses and investigations that arise within trials
- Up to 20% travel to trial sites locally, North America, and Europe
- Analyze/investigate system behaviour to assess robustness, stability, and correct implementation
- Design, implement, and maintain system analysis tools
- Inform system level electrical and software specifications of the product
- Work closely with electrical, software, and biomedical research teams to improve analysis methods and inform future designs
What you bring to the team…
Our Kardium team is smart, creative, and passionate about creating cutting-edge medical devices to help improve people’s lives. We work within a collaborative environment based on trust and respect and we understand that only by working together can we solve the unsolvable. You bring to the team these characteristics, plus:
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills, even under time/pressure constraints
- Experience with electrical and software systems design. Mechanical systems knowledge is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication and technical documentation skills
- Experience with signal processing and large data-set analysis
- Experience with MATLAB and Java is preferred
- Practical knowledge of medical device regulatory requirements and standards such as IEC 60601, IEC 62304, and/or ISO 13485 is preferred
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Ability to travel to the US and Europe
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science
Why work at Kardium?
Working at Kardium provides a meaningful career with a truly innovative technology and an ambitious team, combined with:
- Knowing every day that you are making a difference in people’s lives by helping treat a condition that debilitates millions worldwide
- A great working environment with opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge
- Opportunity to extend your knowledge by interacting with other team members in a multi-disciplinary environment that includes electrical and mechanical engineers, biologists, specialists in human factors, clinical affairs, and regulatory affairs
- An engaged leadership team who believes in mentoring and growing employees’ careers
- Supportive and fun colleagues with plenty of social events to encourage people connections
- And our employees think we are great too – check out Glassdoor to learn more!
How to apply…
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, using “387 Systems Engineer – R&D Clinical Support” as the subject line. Indicate in your cover letter why you are interested in Kardium and in this specific position.
Thanks in advance for your interest in Kardium!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.