396 Software Engineer
By joining the Kardium team, you can help make a difference in the lives of millions around the world. We have developed a ground-breaking medical device for the minimally invasive diagnosis and treatment of the most common heart rhythm disorder, atrial fibrillation. Atrial fibrillation can cause stroke, heart failure, and other heart-related complications.
Kardium has a fantastic technical team that has developed a product with strong, unique and customer-valued differentiators versus other solutions on the market: The Globe® Pulsed Field System. We have built connections with key opinion leaders who are already using the Globe System and are helping to tell our story.
We have a unique opportunity for a Software Engineer who is interested in pursuing a career in the medical device industry. This position involves designing, coding, testing, and maintaining various software tools used across the company to support our research and manufacturing data management, enterprise resource planning, and quality management systems.
What you’ll be doing
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Design and implement internal software tools to integrate data from third party systems (ERP, PLM, etc.)
- Extend functionality of existing manufacturing, regulatory, and quality management systems
- Provide software support for Manufacturing, Clinical, Supply Chain and Quality Assurance teams
- Participate in requirements analysis prior to and during development and validation activities
What you bring to the team
Our Kardium team is smart, creative, and passionate about developing cutting-edge medical devices to help improve people’s lives. We work in a collaborative environment based on trust and respect. We understand that only by working together can we solve what was thought unsolvable.
You are suited to our approach and possess these attributes:
Education and experience:
- Advanced object-oriented programming skills, preferably with Java, C# or C++
- Experience creating web and multi-tier desktop applications
- Experience with source repositories, preferably with Git
- Familiarity with issue tracking systems, such as FogBugz, Jira, or Bugzilla
- Experience with relational databases such as SQL Server, MySQL or Oracle
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in software engineering or equivalent
The successful candidate will preferably have:
- Experience developing Windows applications using .NET framework or equivalent
- Experience with test-driven development and unit testing frameworks
- Experience with GUI frameworks (WinForms, WPF)
- Proven ability to learn and use third party APIs and libraries
- At least 2 years’ experience in software development, ideally in a regulated environment
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have a history of success working in a team setting
- Have a keen desire to help produce high quality code
- Be highly proactive and able to execute tasks with minimal instruction and guidance
- Be enthusiastic about finding innovative solutions to unforeseen challenges
Why work at Kardium?
A meaningful career working with a truly innovative technology and an ambitious team, combined with:
- Knowing every day that you are making a difference in people’s lives by helping treat a condition that debilitates millions worldwide
- A great working environment with opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge
- Opportunity to extend your knowledge by interacting with other team members in a multi-disciplinary environment that includes electrical and mechanical engineers, biologists, and specialists in human factors, and clinical and regulatory affairs
- An engaged leadership team who believes in mentoring and growing employees’ careers
- Supportive and fun colleagues with plenty of social events to encourage people connections
- And our employees think we are great too – check out Glassdoor to learn more!
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com using “396 Software Engineer” as the subject line. Indicate in your cover letter why you are interested in Kardium and in this specific position.
Thanks in advance for your interest in Kardium!
Kardium is a technology pioneer developing devices to address cardiovascular diseases. The company was founded in 2007 by a team with a track record of excellence in medicine, business, and engineering. Focused on building a world-class, internationally-dominant, medical device company, we believe in having lots of fun while working hard. We hire top individuals who are strong team players and trust them to make the right decisions to achieve our goals. Kardium has repeatedly been selected as one of the “Best Companies to Work for in BC” by BC Business Magazine and has ranked as the #1 Life Sciences and Health Services Company. In 2015 and again in 2021, Kardium was also awarded “Medical Technology Company of the Year” by Life Sciences BC.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.