399 Technical Writer
Help us communicate complex material clearly to healthcare professionals to improve patient outcomes and standard of care. This needs to be accomplished while ensuring compliance with regulatory standards, standard operating procedures, and industry best practices.
By joining the Kardium team, you can help make a difference in the lives of millions around the world. We are developing a ground-breaking medical device for minimally invasive diagnosis and treatment of atrial fibrillation, a heart condition that can cause strokes, heart failure, and other heart-related complications. Kardium has a fantastic technical team that has developed a product with strong, unique and customer-valued differentiators versus other solutions on the market: The Globe® Pulsed Field System.
You will be joining the Technical Publications team, and collaborate with colleagues in Engineering, Quality Assurance, Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Training, Manufacturing, and Product Management.
This opportunity is available for either a hybrid or fully remote setup.
What you’ll do
- Plan, write, illustrate, edit, and maintain documentation such as instructions for use, product labels, training manuals, release notes, and service manuals.
- Maintain and improve the technical publications infrastructure, including style guides, templates, work instructions, authoring tools, and documentation processes.
- Manage the review and approval process of the product documentation.
- Assist with the translation process.
What you bring to the team
Our Kardium team is smart, creative, and passionate about creating cutting-edge medical devices to help improve people’s lives. We work within a collaborative environment based on trust and respect. We understand that only by working together can we solve the unsolvable. You bring to the team these characteristics, plus:
- A degree in sciences or engineering with additional courses in writing or an equivalent level of related experience
- Experience developing technical documentation in a regulated industry, preferably for medical devices, where you developed exemplary writing skills
- Strong interviewing and research skills coupled with strong attention to detail
- Previous experience with or exposure to XML, single-sourcing, content management
- Experience with Madcap Flare, Microsoft Office, Git, Subversion, and BarTender
- A well-developed ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and work on several projects concurrently
- The ability to manage changes and changing priorities effectively
- The aptitude for working within a regulated environment
Why work at Kardium?
A meaningful career working with a truly innovative technology and an ambitious team, combined with:
- Knowing every day that you are making a difference in people’s lives by helping treat a condition that debilitates millions worldwide
- A great working environment with opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge
- Opportunity to extend your knowledge by interacting with other team members in a multi-disciplinary environment that includes electrical and mechanical engineers, biologists, and specialists in human factors, and clinical and regulatory affairs
- An engaged leadership team who believes in mentoring and growing employees’ careers
- Supportive and fun colleagues with plenty of social events to encourage people connections
- And our employees think we are great too – check out Glassdoor to learn more!
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, using
“399 Technical Writer” as the subject line. Indicate in your cover letter why you are interested in Kardium and in this specific position.
Thanks in advance for your interest in Kardium!
Kardium is a technology pioneer developing devices to address cardiovascular diseases. The company was founded in 2007 by a team with a track record of excellence in medicine, business, and engineering. Focused on building a world-class, internationally dominant medical device company, we believe in having lots of fun while working hard. We hire top individuals who are strong team players and trust them to make the right decisions to achieve our goals. Kardium has repeatedly been selected as one of the “Best Companies to Work for in BC” by BC Business Magazine and has ranked as the #1 Life Sciences and Health Services Company. In 2021 and 2015 Kardium was also awarded “Medical Technology Company of the Year” by Life Sciences BC.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.