422 Software Project Manager
By joining the Kardium team, you can help make a difference in the lives of millions around the world. We have developed a ground-breaking medical device for the minimally invasive diagnosis and treatment of the most common heart rhythm disorder, atrial fibrillation. Atrial fibrillation can cause stroke, heart failure, and other heart-related complications.
Kardium has a fantastic technical team that has developed a product with strong, unique and customer-valued differentiators versus other solutions on the market: The Globe® Pulsed Field System. We have built connections with key opinion leaders who are already using the Globe System and are helping to tell our story.
Reporting to the Software Development Manager, we are looking for a dynamic Software Project Manager. The Software Project Manager will lead a team of hardworking, dynamic, and passionate software engineers and will work with key technical leaders, product managers and other team members to control, manage and deliver our projects.
What you’ll be doing
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead projects through all phases of the project life cycle to completion, including planning, scheduling, budgeting of resources both internal and external, project controls, risk analysis, reporting, and executing all activities required for each project. Manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Gather requirements form internal stakeholders; product development and clinical teams.
- Create a work plan that includes a schedule with dependencies, milestones, risks, and issues.
- Exercise effective critical thinking in balancing short-term tactical delivery of solutions with long-term plans that promote solution agility and maintainability.
- Implement the best Software Development Life Cycle practices and ensure that the team uses their time and energy accordingly.
- Lead development team in pipeline workflows for code releases and product updates.
- Develop a strong product knowledge alongside an intimate understanding of the medical device industry regulations.
- Lead a highly skilled and diverse group of information technology professionals. Responsible for leadership development by contributing to Talent Management initiatives and engaging in appropriate performance and development planning activities.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of current processes in collaboration with other managers.
- Lead by example and be an ambassador for the company culture and values.
What you bring to the team
Our Kardium team is smart, creative, and passionate about developing cutting-edge medical devices to help improve people’s lives. We work in a collaborative environment based on trust and respect. We understand that only by working together can we solve what was thought unsolvable.
You are suited to our approach and possess these attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or diploma in computer science and/or a related field
- 5+ years’ experience managing technical teams
- 5+ years’ experience in agile software delivery
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are required – including coaching, mentoring, presentation, conflict resolution, and expectation leadership skills
- Strong ability to adapt and pivot with the needs of the business, recognizing there are times when our plans have to change
- Excellent ability to lead by example
- Strong ability to influence and motivate others
- Proactive and enthusiastic, self-motivated
- Highly organized and detail oriented with thorough follow up skills
Why work at Kardium
A meaningful career working with a truly innovative technology and an ambitious team, combined with:
- Knowing every day that you are making a difference in people’s lives by helping treat a condition that debilitates millions worldwide
- A great working environment with opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge
- Opportunity to extend your knowledge by interacting with other team members in a multi-disciplinary environment that includes electrical and mechanical engineers, biologists, and specialists in human factors, and clinical and regulatory affairs
- An engaged leadership team who believes in mentoring and growing employees’ careers
- Supportive and fun colleagues with plenty of social events to encourage people connections
- And our employees think we are great too – check out Glassdoor to learn more!
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, using “422 Software Project Manager” as the subject line. Indicate in your cover letter why you are interested in Kardium and in this specific position.
Thanks in advance for your interest in Kardium!
Kardium is a technology pioneer developing devices to address cardiovascular diseases. The company was founded in 2007 by a team with a track record of excellence in medicine, business, and engineering. Focused on building a world-class, internationally dominant medical device company, we believe in having lots of fun while working hard. We hire top individuals who are strong team players and trust them to make the right decisions to achieve our goals. Kardium has repeatedly been selected as one of the “Best Companies to Work for in BC” by BC Business Magazine and has ranked as the #1 Life Sciences and Health Services Company. In 2015, and again in 2021, Kardium was also awarded “Medical Technology Company of the Year” by Life Sciences BC. Visit our website at kardium.com.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.