428 Biomedical Algorithms Engineer
By joining the Kardium team, you can help make a difference in the lives of millions around the world. Kardium is developing a ground breaking medical device for the minimally-invasive diagnosis and treatment of atrial fibrillation, a heart condition that can cause strokes, heart failure, and other heart-related complications.
Kardium has a fantastic technical team that has developed a product with strong, unique and customer-valued differentiators versus other solutions on the market: The Globe® Pulsed Field System. We have built connections with key opinion leaders who are already using the Globe System and are helping to tell our story.
As our Biomedical Algorithms Engineer, you will join Kardium’s Cardiac Mapping team in designing, developing, and evaluating algorithms to turn raw data into actionable information for physicians. You will support the development of 3-dimensional maps used by electrophysiologists during cardiac ablation procedures, using a wealth of electrical, anatomical, and spatial information as inputs. You would have the opportunity to bring your creative and innovative ideas to help Kardium achieve its goal of helping improve people’s lives.
What you’ll be doing
Your responsibilities will include:
- Apply scientific investigation methods to drive product innovations in mapping and navigation algorithms
- Design, implement and evaluate algorithmic approaches to meet clinical needs related to navigation, electrophysiology, and ablation
- Systematically analyze large multivariate data sets of electrophysiological, anatomical, spatial, and procedural data
- Act as an independent problem-solver, finding ways to connect customer-facing deliverables to appropriate technical problem statements and solutions
- Design experiments to evaluate the performance of new algorithms
- Supplement algorithmic analysis with occasional hands-on, benchtop data collection
- Advance Kardium’s intellectual property by contributing to our patent portfolio
- Communicate experiments, analyses and results to teammates and senior leadership
What you bring to the team
Our Kardium team is smart, creative, and passionate about creating cutting-edge medical devices to help improve people’s lives. We work within a collaborative environment based on trust and respect. And we understand that only by working together can we solve the unsolvable.
You are suited to our approach and possess these attributes:
- Either a bachelor’s or a graduate degree in engineering, physics or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of experience in research or development within a high-technology field; experience with algorithmic design preferred, experience with medical devices or equivalent an asset
- Extensive experience with programming for data analysis. Emphasis on MATLAB or Python
- Experience with object-oriented programming, software version control, and Java are also assets
- Strong understanding of foundational topics in applied mathematics including calculus, linear algebra, and statistics
- Familiarity with a selection of advanced topics in applied mathematics that support clinical algorithm design. These topics could include:
- Signal processing (e.g. Fourier analysis, FIR and IIR filters, wavelet analysis), especially biosignal processing
- Three-dimensional tracking/navigation, point clouds or computational geometry
- Machine learning (e.g. regression, classification, clustering, dimensionality reduction) and/or optimization
- Multivariate statistics
- Image processing, medical imaging, or computer vision
- Effective written and verbal communication of technical subject matter
- Knowledge of cardiac electrophysiology is an asset
Why work at Kardium
A meaningful career working with a truly innovative technology and an ambitious team, combined with:
- Knowing every day that you are making a difference in people’s lives by helping treat a condition that debilitates millions worldwide
- A great working environment with opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge
- Opportunity to extend your knowledge by interacting with other team members in a multi-disciplinary environment that includes electrical and mechanical engineers, biologists, and specialists in human factors, and clinical and regulatory affairs
- An engaged leadership team who believes in mentoring and growing employees’ careers
- Supportive and fun colleagues with plenty of social events to encourage people connections
- And our employees think we are great too – check out Glassdoor to learn more!
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the job title “428 Biomedical Algorithms Engineer” in the subject line.
Thanks in advance for your interest in Kardium!
Kardium is a technology pioneer developing devices to address cardiovascular diseases. The company was founded in 2007 by a team with a track record of excellence in medicine, business, and engineering. Focused on building a world-class, internationally dominant medical device company, we believe in having lots of fun while working hard. We hire top individuals who are strong team players and trust them to make the right decisions to achieve our goals. Kardium has repeatedly been selected as one of the “Best Companies to Work for in BC” by BC Business Magazine and has ranked as the #1 Life Sciences and Health Services Company. In 2015, and again in 2021, Kardium was also awarded “Medical Technology Company of the Year” by Life Sciences BC. Visit our website at kardium.com.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.